Monday, May 28, 2007

Bangkok 8/Tatoo

Just finished John Burdett's Bangkok 8 and Bangkok Tatoo. Not really my kind of books--basically the only other detective story I've ever read was Jonathan Lethem's Motherless Brooklyn (which book I really like, incidentally). But I really enjoyed these books, especially Bangkok 8. I only finish about 25% of novels I start...the rest are quickly relegated to the box that goes to the used book store. So the fact that I finished both of these in rapid succession says...well, something. In fact, I note that the third in the series is about to come out, and I'm dangerously close to actually buying it even though it's new in hardback. This is basically a violation of my book-buying Prime Directive.

Anyway...I don't have a good mind for literature, so I can't really say anything interesting or informative about them, but I thought they were extremely entertaining, largely because the narrator is...winsome or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home