Saturday, October 08, 2005

Screwing Up Re: Bird Flu

2%? TWO PERCENT?????

For chrissake, can anybody remember anything that this administration has done right? It was kinda funny--in a sick, twisted way--for awhile, being right about what a bunch of incompetents and crooks these guys were. But now I'm just getting scared.

How do you run the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA into a ditch? A country. A whole country. The most prosperous and powerful country there's ever been on the face of the earth (note: by many reasonable measures).

My god. OBL couldn't have done a better job himself.

Please ignore me. I guess I'm in one of my moods.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I guess eventually something will scare a person... for me, it was the idea of pre-emptive war. For many it was Katrina, which has finally illustrated just how unprepared we really are for predictable disaster. I'm afraid that, for the Bushies, the avian flu possibility simply opens the door to a world where we all need "papers" to move from point A to point B in this formerly great land of ours. The incompetence is indeed frightening. --Beel

9:35 AM  
Blogger Random Michelle K said...

Don't worry about that 2% so much. Last I heard thay weren't sure that the Avian flu was going to be succeptible to anti-viral medications.

Don't ya feel better now?

Oh, one more thing. We've known about this virus since 1997. And it's been capable of human to human transmission (although not to the degree that the
normal flu" spreads) for several years now.

Crazy how these things sneak up on ya.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Random Michelle K said...

Oh, here's the CDC link on the virus being resistant to amantadine and rimantadine.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avian/gen-info/facts.htm

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home