Saturday, October 08, 2005

Morbid Political Curiosity

Since I have nothing useful or interesting to say about the allegedly possibly impending attack(s?) on NYC, I'm sitting back and idly wondering whether such an attack would constitute the last nail in the coffin of the Bush '43 presidency, or whether it would rally the country around Mr. Bush.

I don't know, but I guess if I were forced to bet....I guess I'd bet that...crap. I just don't know. One might reason like so: it's unlikely that anything could drive Bush's approval rating any lower...there's about 1/3 of the population that'll continute to insist that he's a good president if he does anything short of shooting someone on live television. So a shake-up with a more-or-less unpredictable outcome is more likely to help Mr. Bush politically than it is to harm him.

Of course it's crass and nauseating to even consider such questions, IMHO.

Why do I get the feeling that I'm basically discussing the feng shui of deck-chair arrangement on the Titanic...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home