Saturday, October 23, 2004

Villains and Kooks for W

Yesterday I saw over at Blogcritics that the poor, deluded wingers have sunk to putting pro-W words in the mouths of heroes (of fact and fiction). This strikes me as rather loopy to say the least, but I thought it would be rather more fun, more accurate (or at least more plausible), and rather less pathetic to make up some pro-W quotes that could plausibly be attributed to real and fictional kooks and villains. I don't have any of my non-philosophy books here in my office right now, so I can't produce any. But, hey, I'm the big idea guy on this one... You guys can take care of the details.

I can think of some kooks and villains who would be ardent Bush supporters, however:
(Note: the list is slanted heavily toward the fictional...it'd be kinda creepy to put anti-Bush words in the mouth of, e.g. bin Laden or Hitler... Some more temporally distant figures are suggested, tho...)

The Mouth of Sauron (the real--by which I mean fictional--one, not Scotty McC. (the fake one))
T. D. Lysenko
Boris Badanov
Nyarlathotep, Cthulhu &co.
Captain Ahab
Mojo JoJo
Mike Kryzyewski and/or Bobby Knight
Big Brother
Caligula
Dr. Evil
Dr. Zin (of Johnny Quest fame)
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Smith (of Lost in Space fame)
Goldfinger
Ghengis Khan
The Terminator (who may secretly be W's debate coach, come to think of it...)
The Riddler, the Penguin, & co.
Attila the Hun
Jack D. Ripper
Mr. Potter (It's a Wonderful Life)
Vlad the Impaler
Lex Luthor
Xerxes
Darth Vader
Paul De Mann
The Sheriff of Nottingham
Mr. Burns

Well, you get the idea. Fortunately The Onion has started us off. Here's one of the world's great villains for W.


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good post

12:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great post, I enjoyed reading it.

Adding you to favorites, Ill have to come back and read it again later.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home