Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Back From Sabbatical

It's weird how glad I am to be back. I didn't think I'd be glad to be back. I was ready for more sabbatical! (We don't actually have sabbatical sabbaticals... Because my university kinda sucks. Rather, we have an informal departmental program that pays for part of one semester off every six years or so. We pay for the rest by teaching a few extra students every semester.) But anyway, having been back for a week now, I can say: I didn't realize how much I missed my colleagues, the majors in my upper-division courses, and teaching the latter. I'm not that crazy about my intro classes. But they're not that bad. They're ok. But anyway, I'm just really damn lucky. It's not the job I dreamed of, but it's probably better than I deserve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home