Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Can Taylor Swift Save Biden?

   You can't avoid knowing what Ms. Swift looks like--her face is everywhere. I'm sure I must have heard her music in a store or an elevator somewhere, but, if so, I didn't know it was her. I can't name a single song. (Well, actually, I guess I can now, as I take it those are some of her song titles in quotes in the final, cutesy paragraph of that post.) I don't even know what she sounds like. I'm generally ten years, at least, behind the musical curve, so there's nothing unusual about this. And most--but not all--pop music is revolting IMO. (Full disclosure: of the pop music I do like, there's some really, really, really bad shit in there. There's no disputing that.)
Hey you kids get off'n my lawn [shakes fist]...
   Anyhoo, I generally know who Swift is--I basically know her as that blandly good-looking blonde girl--and I see that the point of the post is to encourage a (seemingly) brainless pop icon (maybe she's smart, I dunno...I've already told you everything I know about her, which is nothing) to encourage brainless teen+ girl voters to help brainless grandpa Biden across the finish line.
   Because Trump is mean.
   Perfect. This would be a perfect way for the Dems to win. 
   That's who you are now, Dems. The party of lunatic radical irrationalists, smug, soulless elites...and brainless pop (music, movie) stars. 
    None of that means Trump isn't a thermonuclear jackass. But nothing could possible repulse me more than that tripartite combination described above.
    (Well...insurrection could...if there'd been an insurrection...)
    Grumble.
    Well, that's enough internet for today... I'm going to hang out with my dogs and get ready for our delayed Xmas celebration when JQ's fam gets here. Real life is way better than the radioactive dump of shitty ideas that is the political interwebs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home