Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Abortion Sinks the GOP Again

I don't have a firmly-fixed position on abortion. Younkin's proposed 15-week limit with exceptions seems reasonable to me. I suppose our current 26-week limit is also reasonable. I lean libertarian on the issue largely out of general principle and an inability to draw any firm conclusions.
   I do tend to agree with Dobbs, and throwing this back to the states. Both the Dems and the Pubs seem kinda crazy about the issue to me. Funny how the Dems are now occasionally libertarian about just a few issues, mostly having to do with sex Not so funny how the Pubs just can't stop shooting themselves in the ass over this. Now, when, IMO, the very future of the country hangs on minimizing Democrat influence, the GOP just cannot seem to let up on the rather-clearly losing issue of abortion restrictions...
   Usually I expect a party to start showing its ass after securing power. But the Pubs have decided to go on ahead and parade their worst tendencies while still mostly out of power. Props to them for suicidal honesty?
   Conventional wisdom on the left is that the VA results torpedo Youngkin's Presidential ambitions. 
   Local Pubs ran the table, though. Given redistricting, this was not a foregone conclusion. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home