Monday, October 30, 2023

"Why Trump's Drastic Plan to Slash the Government Could Succeed"

This could be a good idea...but it makes me nervous.
   I certainly couldn't support anything that radical without knowing a lot more than I do about it.
If I could push a button and eliminate the Department of Education, I think I'd do it. But the FBI??? For all its flaws, I certainly don't know enough about it to even make that a real option.
   As for the Deep State theory...I fear that it's true. And am pretty sure that it's at least a little bit true. We have nontrivial evidence for it. There is certainly a Deep Academy. It grabs every leftist idea and runs spastically for the end zone...but finds every way to oppose and delay the implementation of conservative ideas. Strategies for getting around the Students for Fair Admissions decisions were openly discussed (e.g. on the front page of the Chronicle). "Diversity" began as a way of getting around Bakke.
   Ramaswamy has some interesting and similar ideas. 
   Anyway. As usual, I'm roughly on the side of Bill Barr: the idea is promising, but Trump isn't the man to implement it.
   I guess.
   I don't know.
   I guess I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home