Monday, October 09, 2023

Michael Tomasky: "I Never Thought I'd Live to See Democracy Die. Now I Wonder"

An opposing view from the now-in-tatters New Republic. Man, remember when TNR was great? I used to eagerly read that thing from cover to cover back in the day.
Now it's TDS-ridden and just generally bad.
I do agree that chaos and instability are enemies of democracy. And I agree that Trump is, to a large extent, an agent of chaos who went out with a chaotic bang. 
OTOH, and not to retreat to a tu quoque: I think the left has promoted more chaos and instability than Trump has. Mass illegal immigration, COVID madness, the imposition of gender ideology and CRT in grade schools, BLM riots, the ideological capture of all our institutions by radical pseudoscientific views including climate apocalypticism...and the ceaseless push for radical, irrational, ill-considered change...Trump's a piker, chaos-and-instability-wise, compared to the left.
Which doesn't mean that he's ok...
Anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home