Wednesday, June 28, 2023

The Gleichschaltung Assimilates High School Debate: Whole Debates Can Now Center on Ad Hominem Attacks on Opponents Based on Politically Incorrect Tweets

I posted something years ago about HS and college debate being infected by recent Continental philosophy. Which meant: debaters no longer had to debate the issues, they could just spew mindless Foucaultian, Lacanian, Zizekian, etc. BS. That stuff is mainly--or at least largely--quasi-poetic bullshit. So it basically seemed to wreck the whole enterprise. And, of course, there's a tight relationship between Continental BS and hard-left politics. So now debate has apparently been politically converged as well. 
   Debate's a mixed bag already. I certainly can sharpen the mind. But it also turns inquiry into a contest, thus encouraging debaters to see every discussion as a fight. Good for the mind, bad for the soul is what I usually say. The intellectual training lasted a lifetime in my case, however, and I think I've mostly gotten over the, as it were, spiritual side effects. I think...
   Anyway, both parts 1 and 2 are worth reading. It's a sad tale...but this is the nature of the totalitarian left--it won't tolerate any unassimilated sphere. Totalitarians gotta totalize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home