Saturday, June 24, 2023

Durham Testifies, Yet Collusion Lives

link
   Go check out any progressives cesspool like, well, all of Reddit and most of Twitter, and you'll quickly find them still shrieking about "Russian collusion!" They will simply never give it up. They hung all their hopes on Mueller, but then refused to accept Mueller's findings. Two of my favorite responses to Mueller's testimony were "The Rooskies got to Mueller, too!" and "Not exonerated!"  Oh, then there was "Muh Senate ruportz!"
   I think people on the left have a deep-seated, unshakeable attitude to the effect that the left is good and the right is bad. I suppose there must be an analogous attitude on the right--I'm sure there must be. But I can tell you that, when I was on the blue team despite having my doubts, and despite striving to remain relatively centrist, I definitely had that attitude. Only by shaking it was I ever able to see things at all clearly. It'd be easy to just trade the attitude for it's opposite. I do think that the average conservative is probably a little less loopy than the average lefty, just because a conservative attitude is a little less loopy than a change-y attitude. But when I start idealizing conservatives, I just go spend some time at e.g. Free Republic, and that inclination is slapped right out of me.
   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home