Monday, March 13, 2023

False Claims Suit Against Fox News

   I don't know anything about such laws...but it's pretty hard to believe that Fox alone could be vulnerable to such charges while the MSM continues to pour out laughable falsehoods virtually unchecked. NYT got a Pulitzer for its role in creating--not just reporting on--the Russiagate hoax... Though they did seem to believe what they were writing at least somewhat. So that's more on the side of stupidity and dogmatism, I suppose. But that can't excuse the "1619 Project," which even they, by now, know is bullshit. I suppose the story there is that there's not sufficient direct harm to identifiable individuals? 
   Anyway, Fox and the rest of the MSM lie about different things. But Fox is the only organization lying for the right. I guess the torrent of lies about Trump from NYT, CNN, WaPo, et al. were/are different? Those lies probably cost us more in that they gave us Biden... But I have no idea what the legal situation is like. And, once again, I have no particular inclination to defend Fox. I just don't see how the (rest of the?) MSM gets away with so much more, so routinely, and without attracting nearly so much scorn.
   MSNBC is worse than Fox--or was last time I checked in with either of them. Didn't Maddow's show defend against a lawsuit basically by saying that it wasn't news and no one could possibly think it was? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home