Friday, January 06, 2023

What's the Biden Administration Done Right?

I guess I'd say--recognizing my ignorance about geopolitics and foreign policy--that they've done a plausibly good job in Ukraine. I don't know what else we could really do, so I'm not sure how much credit to give them. I mean: make this as expensive as is practicable for Putin without risking American lives. Not to discount the importance of Ukranian lives... 
   Maybe their use of the Strategic Petroleum Reserves was good? Doesn't seem so to me--but could be. Better would be: Keystone XL + drill, baby, drill. But I'm not sure those are competitors. Drawing down the SPR may have been necessary in the short term no matter what happened on those other fronts. 
   Thiessen's list seems plausible to me, though I don't understand a lot of the issues. I guess I had not been that clear on the link between passing the infrastructure bill and saving the filibuster...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home