Sunday, September 04, 2022

Phobe Malz Bovy: "The Origins of Woke"

...are political correctness...of course.
It's astonishing to people who lived through the PC era...or to anyone who was paying attention, anyway...or to me anyway...that there's anyone who doesn't know this. I mean--the youngsters have an excuse. I'm glad to see more and more people recognizing this. And maybe this essay will be a turning point in spreading the word. And good on the Bovy one way or another. 
   But this isn't the revelation of a previously-unknown fact. 
   I call the PC of the classic PC era 'paleo-PC,' and the PC of the current PC era 'neo-PC.'
   And: people who are old enough to have been aware in the '60s sometimes express amazement that my generation doesn't realize that paleo-PC was a further development/degeneration of ideas from the "new left"...just as I express amazement that people don't realize that woketarianism is a development/degeneration of political correctness / paleo-PC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home