Monday, August 01, 2022

CIA Drone Takes Out Al-Zawahiri

Rest in pieces, sonofabitch.
To whatever extent Biden deserves credit for this, I happily acknowledge it.  (I'm skeptical that he deserves any--but this isn't the time. This is a relatively happy time.)
   I still blame '43 for not taking out every last rat-fuck one of these guys asap after 9/11...but also I acknowledge that I really have no idea how hard that would be. But we clearly let a lot of people--including OBL and Al-Zawahiri--get away at Tora Bora. And by "we" I mean: Bush. He allegedly let them get away because he was stockpiling resources for an invasion of Iraq he'd already decided would happen. Dumbass. Every terrorist in the world needed to see us puree every member of al Qaeda in Tora Bora asap. Finally getting the SOB in 2022, 20 years after th fact, is almost as bad as just letting him die of old age.
BUT: this isn't to deny Biden (again) whatever measure of credit he deserves.
Good on him...or, y'know...the CIA...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home