Saturday, August 20, 2022

Can We Ban Diversity Training?

I'm inclined to think yes, but I'm not entirely neutral on the subject. The bill--like almost all similar bills--basically bans woke indoctrination, not discussion of the issues. Woketarianism is not liberalism, and does not value free speech, institutional neutrality, or intellectual freedom. Woketarinism is committed to the rightness of left-wing--but not right-wing--indoctrination at the level of principle. Brainwashing is a feature, not a bug, of postmodern progressive leftism. I'd in no way support a ban on discussion, especially at universities. I'm committed to the free expression even of the most crackpot Woketarian ideas. Needless to say, the reciprocal view is not supported by our progressive interlocutors--or not by their apparent principles, anyway. My free speech near-absolutism and my anti-Woketarianism more-or-less balance out on this one, so I can rely on at least some degree of objectivity about this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home