Thursday, July 14, 2022

Will a Thrashing in the Midterms Cause Dems to Revolt Against Their Progressive-Left Overlords?

Things look grimmer than ever, but I hold out hope that Democrats will evolve a spine and revolt against the antiliberal, pomo-prog leftist "elite" vanguard that's now calling the shots for the blue team. A right good thrashing in the midterms might do the trick...or, rather, it might at least slap some sense into them and put the fear of the electorate into them. I doubt a small loss will do much. Both parties kick into excuse mode after ordinary electoral losses. We already know what they'll say: incumbent parties always lose seats in midterms, inflation isn't our fault, "didn't get our message out", etc. (That latter, inevitably employed by both Dems and Pubs, drives me crazy. It's always a "messaging" problem--never a substantive problem with unpopular policies...) A massive, devastating, crushing defeat however...harder to ignore.
   I want whatever will wake the left up from its woke insanity. I thought Clinton was the answer in '16, because I thought she'd stiff-arm the crazies like Bill did--and that Trump would inflame them. And maybe she would have. And maybe he did. But now I doubt the former and somewhat doubt the latter. I thought Pelosi would, too--but she caved. Bernie has caved. The whole damn party has caved. And the crazification of the left was well under way before Trump. I'm not sure he did much to worsen it. 
   Anyway. Here's hoping for a world-historical red-team win in November, and the beginning of a rightward readjustment, ultimately returning control to a sane center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home