Friday, July 22, 2022

Brett Stephens: "I Was Wrong About Trump Voters"

I could hardly agree with this more. 
   My only real complaint would be at the end, where I'd add: but what are we to do if a man who tried to break* the republic turns out to be our only option against a powerful, extremist elite that is engaged in a vast, dedicated, and thus-far-disturbingly-successful project that, though not exactly intended to break the republic, has that as its likely outcome? (Well, Trump seems to have also thought he was saving, not breaking, the republic, too. So neither side exactly aims at harm to it. But both are radically confused--among other things.)**


*Stephens's word.

**Incidentally I read this thinking he was going to harsh on Trump and his voters and wanting to see what he had to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home