Sunday, May 29, 2022

Gas Stove Hysteria

When I was young and stupid, I'd take stuff like this seriously on principle. Even though this is the sort of thing about which I'd be skeptical, I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand. Now I more-or-less automatically conclude that it's bullshit. If lots and lots of additional research comes to a similar conclusion over a long period of time, I'll take another look at it. But one study with PC overtones in the midst of climate hysteria...nope.
   I mean, it's possible, of course. Maybe gas stoves are unusually leaky, for example. But things'd have to be pretty damn bad to make it worth throwing a perfectly good stove in the landfill and buying another one. Reminds me of the "Cash for Clunkers" nonsense. Not to mention the utter implausibility that it could be better to burn (at best) natural gas 100 miles away, turn it into electricity, transmit it over the grid, and turn it back into heat. And: the power is pretty likely to be generated by coal or oil rather than natural gas. 
   Also, re: alleged adverse health effects: they sealed off the kitchen in mylar tents. Compare: we sealed off your garage with a mylar tent to concentrate the effect of your car's exhaust...  I mean...there can be reasons for doing that...but...
   I just don't pay any attention to this nonsense anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home