Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Neocons Pushing for War w Russia?

I dunno. Some people are. Intuitively/ignorantly: it does seem that a no-fly zone would lead pretty quickly to a NATO-Russia war. So pushing for a no-fly zone is (as the neocons used to say after 9/11) "objectively" pushing for war. Roughly: that would be the actual consequence, even if it isn't what they intend. Is it the neocons doing this? I dunno. Somebody is. Sure sounds like a neocon thing to do. But I haven't figured out a pattern yet. Is Bill Kristol pushing for it, I wonder?  
   Mistakes often put you in a precarious position in which mere chance or even smart responses can lead to disaster. We've already made the opening mistakes--I sure didn't think Russia would invade. Not that I know anything. 
   Anyway, now we're in a position such that even smart moves might not be able to avoid even worse outcomes. 
   What a train wreck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home