Saturday, December 11, 2021

OD ABC: Is This A Dry Daggum State Now Or What?

   The shelves down t' th' ABC store have been denuded for a long time. Of course there's been the great Buffalo Trace drought. That's a separate problem. To score a bottle of Blanton's you've gotta go down and queue up at 10 am on Tuesday--the morning the truck comes--like some kind of alcoholic Soviet commie. Also, you have to know that the truck comes on Tuesday morning...and what time in the morning the ABC store opens. Both also signs of alcoholism. And you're still not likely to get the Blanton's. I did manage to score a bottle before Thanksgiving in anticipation of the arrival of the pater familias (i.e. my FiL). And I know I'm probably SoL for Xmas by this point. But I've just been too busy to go queue up etc. Tuesday morning etc. commie etc.
   Anyway: last time I was down there I heard someone asking after something he couldn't get. But it was some kind of Canadian Mist, so my sympathy was somewhat limited. But, yeah: the shelves are thinly-populated, and people are starting to grumble a bit. The Bulleit supply seems pretty solid, so it's not an emergency situation yet. 
   All this reminds me that Rebel Yell has been demoted to just Rebel--which, too, may be deemed politically incorrect soon enough as things are going... And all that makes me want to go have a drink.
   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home