Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Paul Brandus: Biden's Doing A Great Job, But Can't Control "The Narrative"

This isn't stupid. Except for the "narrative" part. Dems are more-or-less in complete control of the storyline the media emits. I'm not convinced, but Brandus's arguments at least would have to be addressed. I don't buy the job-creation argument: a huge employment surge seems like exactly what we'd expect right now at the more-or-less end of the pandemic. As for the infrastructure bill: I've long been under the impression that more infrastructure spending was needed. The objections to the bill, as I understand them, are basically: (a) it contains too much ridiculous Democrat pork that no reasonable person can construe as infrastructure ("human infrastructure" is the weasel phrase they use for unrelated stuff like Head Start), (b) it contains basically wasted climate-change spending, and (c) it's bad time for huge amounts of government spending. All of these criticisms could be wrong for all I know.
   At any rate, I'm certainly willing to give Biden whatever's his due. My objections are based on the stuff I understand; I object to his role in advancing the genuinely and obviously insane parts of the Democrats' agenda. As for stuff that's genuinely unclear--that's just what happens in every administration. I don't object to that stuff. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home