Tuesday, October 05, 2021

I Am Very Stupid: One Of The Stupidest Things I Ever Did Edition

As I've noted, I was deeply enmeshed in the paleo-PC wars in grad school. Then I became convinced that we'd basically won. And I just sat on my ass in this respect from about 1995 until about 2013 or so when I started recognizing the emergence of the SJW. Then--somehow--I failed to recognize neo-PC as PC. In retrospect...in a life filled with doing stupid shit...this was one of the stupidest. I should have recognized that we hadn't won, should have realized that we'd just entered a cold war phase. Should have seen that Sauron had merely retreated into Mordor to marshal his power. I should have been preparing all that time. 
   But noooo...
   I was caught even more flat-footed than a bunch of people who didn't have the background I had, and who were in no particular position to see what was coming.
   I mean this really does beat all. 
   Sometimes it's hard to see how I've managed to stumble along through life as well as I have. I just do the damndest things sometimes. 
   Anyway. I had all the information I needed to see what was coming far ahead of time. But I only recognized it after it was basically un-unnoticeable.
   Just unbelievably stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home