Sunday, September 05, 2021

"How Biden Can Help Dems Become The Party Of The Working Class Again"

Well, at least one party ought to be...
A wee observation I've maintained from back before the Dems lost their collective mind:  only the quasi-Marxist intelligentsia tends to talk about "workers" and "the working class." Real actual working people I was around back when I was a kid--when I was around such people...--tended to say "the working man." 
Not a big deal. I just felt like saying it.
   I don't think the Dems really want to be the party of the working man--or person. What they want is to trick working people into thinking that's what they are. That is: they want to implement their favored policies, and they want working people to vote for those policies. But they don't really want to change. Witness Greenhouse's paean to the "infrastructure" bill...
   I don't think the GOP is exactly excellent on this score... But I do think that genuine working folk are probably more fond of Pub policies. At least the Pubs aren't hostile to capitalism and in love with an ever-expanding welfare state. The mere fact that the Pubs don't want to import massive numbers of illegals to compete with blue-collar American citizens puts them lightyears ahead of the Dems. Overall, right now, at least, Republican policies--though suboptimal--are at least sane. The Dems aren't in that conversation anymore. They've gone Woke and soft-Marxist. They're the most extreme extremist I've ever seen in the USA in my life--among major parties/factions, anyway. They are, currently, simply not an option. They've abandoned the field of conflict. They've exited stage left. Only the Pubs remain as a viable option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home