Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Europe Proves Renewables Are Not Ready For Prime Time

Someday, I'd think. Though probably in a major supplemental role. But not yet.
They're being pushed for political reasons, not scientific/engineering ones. 
I'd like to see the true cost per kW-h. 
Look, I, too, think renewables are cool. I grew up reading sci-fi like other red-blooded American nerds. I wish they could do the job. Economically. But they can't. 
This is one of the things that climate panic does--pushes us to bring alt-energy sources online before they're economical.
And, of course: what we do matters little given what China and India and the rest of the world are doing. 
And, of course: if we're serious, we should stop playing with cool toys and build nuclear.
So it seems to me, semi-well-informed layperson, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home