Wednesday, August 18, 2021

James Comer: U.S. Hemorrhaging Money From Entitlement Fraud And Waste

Very bad if true.
I never really understood the cases for and against Obamacare. My explicitly-stated view at the time was pretty bone-headed: OK, I won't oppose this expansion of government--but I'll oppose any further major expansions of the welfare state. I still don't have any better idea than that.
So I'm basically sticking to it.
It now seems to me, however, that Dems / the left simply will never stop trying to expand government power. I used to think it was just on the economic side--e.g. expanding the welfare state, higher taxes. And that didn't bother me too much. Now that the illiberal left controls the Democrats--and virtually everything else--it's clear that they also seek to diminish civil liberties. Unless / until the Dems come out from under the thrall of the illiberal progressive left, they're dead to me.
Not to mention: massive welfare state + massive fraud + uncontrolled illegal immigration ==> disaster. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home