Sunday, August 15, 2021

Biden Proven Wrong Again As Helicopters Land On U.S. Embassy Roof

He's turning out to be the Bill Kristol of Presidents.
   I did not realize there had not been an American casualty in Afghanistan in 17 months.
Had I know that (and, of course, it's my fault that I didn't; that's a big thing not to know) I'd have been less sanguine/positive about this withdrawal than I've been for the last couple of months.
   I did/do want us to get out. But I did not know that Saigon II: Apoplectic Boogaloo was a real possibility.
   In addition to all the other ways in which this is bad, there's this symbolic stupidity, too: Biden set 9/11/21, the 20th anniversary of 9/11 (obvs) as the target date for being gone. 
   So that'll make it exactly 20 years between the Taliban's two biggest wins. They'll probably make it a national holiday. I certainly would if I were them. I expect a bloodbath already. With, probably, an extra-special mondo bloodbath on 9/11/21. Maybe they'll behead a hundred people who helped the Great Satan, or burn some people in cages. Or rape a bunch of children and goats. You know--Taliban stuff.
   This really is the stupidest goddamned administration I've ever seen in my life. It's just terrible at everything. Scratch that--it's pretty good about not shitting the Twitter bed every night like Trump did. They might actually ruin the country...but it's a relief to be free of Trump's lunatic verbal excretions. So that's something I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home