Tuesday, March 30, 2021

George Floyd Trial

For the record: I don't know what to think. Seeing the video for the first time a year ago kind of short-circuited my brain. I almost couldn't figure out what I was watching, and I think I even said that out loud several times ("What am I watching?") 
   OTOH, the earlier parts of the video cast the latter part in a different light. And the coroner's report seems extremely weighty. (Then there's the fact that this evidence was suppressed while the nation burned...which...I probably shouldn't take into account for these purposes. Though they do seem to indicate that the prosecution knew which way they pointed. They're more relevant to the question Can Chauvin receive a fair trial? Obviously MN and the prosecution are more interested in a conviction than they are in justice....)
   I don't think someone like me can figure this out without hearing a lot from cops and, say, people to do training at police academies. Ordinary people have little idea what's normal or reasonable in such situations. I thought they should have zip-tied Floyd's ankles and gotten off of him. But what do I know?
   If I had to hazard a guess at this point, I suppose I'd say that there's pretty clearly reasonable doubt. But I'd rather not have to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home