Monday, January 11, 2021

Sen. Ron Wyden: The Capitol Riots Prove That We Have To Strengthen Our Democracy. That Begins With Voting Rights.

Bullshit from beginning to and, according to me...but what do I know?
Coupla things:
   The push for D.C. statehood is off and running. Another immovably blue state would be a disaster. Also: there are reasons D.C. isn't in a state, dumbasses.
   As for "every American" voting: I don't want every American to vote. Of course the Dems will make this racial--they now make everything racial. But (a) if someone doesn't care enough to do what's required to vote, then I'd rather he didn't. And, as should go without saying: regardless of race. And (b) I'm inclined to think that reliable and trustworthy elections are more important than making it so easy to vote that even the disengaged and apathetic do so. Reinstate I.D. requirements, and stop mass-mailing unrequested absentee ballots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home