Sunday, December 27, 2020

WSJ: "Ted Cruz And Hong Kong's Democrats"

I don't know what's going on here.
But, given what little can be gleaned from what I've read, I have some agreement with both sides.
First, it seems clear that we should do something to help get HK's democrats get out of there and into here.
(I'll resist the urge to suggest that our own Democrats might be more at home there...or will I?)
Second, the Dems will use any trick they can think of to illicitly cram more immigrants into the country...so I'd expect Cruz to be right about that part. So I'd understand his blocking the bill. The editorial doesn't tell us whether there's any movement to pass a similar bill that's more narrowly-focused / less subject to abuse. But there ought to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home