Wednesday, November 25, 2020

The Sydney Powell Theory Is Starting To Sound Like The Steele Dossier

link
I think it was dumb of me--and of you, if you did, too--to take Russiagate and the Steele Dossier seriously. I can't remember how seriously I took it, but I know I took parts of it very seriously...e.g. the stuff about alleged computer communication with Alfa bank.
   Powell's theory is starting to sound kinda like all that nonsense...though Steele is apparently a kook, and Powell is apparently a person to be taken very seriously. 
   Just to be perfectly clear: the antecedent likelihood of Powell's theory is pretty low. I'll be surprised if there's much truth in it. Pre-Russiagate(gate), I'd probably have dismissed it out of hand. Post- those things, that would be nuts. If Russiagate had just been a crazy conspiracy theory, it wouldn't tell us much about this (apparently) crazy conspiracy theory. But, given that Russiagate was itself a massive conspiracy...and an ultimately successful one, in that it may well have cost Trump the '20 election...well...we can't dismiss even Powell's wild-sounding theory out of hand. Even if she's right, I don't see it would be that much worse than Russiagategate. Except, perhaps, for the fact that Trump was, I think, an objectively alarming figure in '16. And I think that might be a mitigating factor. 
   Though, in response, one could argue: by 2020, any reasonable person not epistemically locked up in the MSM web of delusions should be able to see that Trump is not an objectively alarming character...
   No, wait...that argument actually points in the other direction, no? That's to say: it would actually make the Powell theory...eh...insufficient coffee. I'm not sure what I was thinking there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home