Monday, November 30, 2020

Joseph Epstein: "Pronouns Go Political"

There's so much bullshit about pronouns and "gender" zipping around that it can be difficult for people in my faction in the culture war to admit that we really ought to have a dedicated, singular, non-sex-specific pronoun. 'They' is probably the best option...but it comes with certain costs, obviously. E.g. increased opportunities for misunderstanding. Though that can be said about the non-sex-specific use of 'he', too, of course.
   Anyway, the two biggest problems for me are (a) all the proposed new words sound super stupid, and (b) I don't want to give in to the woketards--nor to appear to be a woketard myself.
   So...someday it'd be good--I'd say--to agree on a new pronoun to do the job...but today is not that day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home