Friday, October 23, 2020

"I Ran Because Of You, Joe"

dayum
That was so vicious it was painful to watch...
But, honestly, it drove home a point to me that I'd only partially appreciated before: the trope about do-nothing politicians isn't just an insult.  It's easy to jaw, jaw, jaw about all the big things you're going to do. Ridiculously much harder to actually do them. Trump's got lots of actual accomplishments--including some amazing ones (like, oh, say: peace in the Middle East...). Biden...well...
   I tend to focus on the fact that the things Biden says he wants are mostly bad. 
   But the Trump point is probably a more powerful one.
   Of course: better a feckless progressive than a feckful one...
   But better a non-progressive over either type.

[Also don't miss: "You're a politician" (and I'm not...)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home