Saturday, August 01, 2020

"America's Yard Sign Discourse"

I thought this made a good point.
My neighborhood has long had some of those "We're glad you're our neighbor" signs. Then came the wave of Biden and BLM ones. 
I'm not sure about putting up a Trump sign, for these reasons:
1. JQ is swinging anti-Dem, but probably not pro-Trump.
2. It'd put me on several of my neighbors' shit lists.
3. I'd have to up our DefCon, and vandalism would not be a not-unlikely consequence of such a sign. 
And oh, yeah:
4. I don't think Trump is fit to be President...
That last point has become irrelevant, given what's happened to the Dems. But you can't really fit "I don't think Trump is fit to be President, but he's only about half as bad as you crackpot lefties think he is, and at least his policies and appointments are good, whereas the blue team has lost its ever-lovin' cat-dang mind and become an actual danger to the republic..." on a yard sign."
Also, this sort of bizarrely silent yet ostentatiously public advertising of one's political views...something really messed up about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home