Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Stonewall Jackson Statue Removed--Probably Illegally--From Monument Avenue

Ostensibly out of fear of violence, and a fear that "something will happen to one of our citizens"...y'know...if they try to illegally pull it down...
I don't know whether they should be removed. I'm more skeptical than I used to be, basically because this is a clear case of giving in to mob rule. Which the Dems are happy to do, so long as its their mob, hence their rule. 
Even if they should be removed, they shouldn't be removed now. This is the absolute worst time to do so. I'm still partial to the idea of removing them from the pedestals. This is really a question for citizens of the Commonwealth who are the descendants of slaves. I'd commit to abiding by their collective judgment. 
I'm not wild about a decision that's mainly driven by white progressives, however.
Also, just aesthetically, the monuments are great, IMO. I'll miss them on those grounds alone. Maybe I'd better get down there and see 'em one last time--if I can even make it down there before they're Year Zeroed...and it sounds like I might not be able to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home