Saturday, July 04, 2020

AP: "Trump Pushes Racial Division, Flouts Virus Rules At Rushmore"

Gosh, I'm sure that's a 100% accurate and objective report on the events of last night. I can't believe even Bad Orange Man would go so far as to push racial division on (nearly) the 4th of July...and at Mt. Rushmore!!!  This is the last straw!!!!! 
   I didn't read the story. I'll read it after I watch the speech.
   I listened to only a bit of his speech and then crashed. I find it painful to listen to him speak, and I was just too tired for it. Best to wait until fast-forward is an option. 
But here's my prediction: the AP is poisonously full of shit, and, for all the Bad Orange Man's myriad flaws, I'll bet the speech is just fine...though probably filled with evil, evil patriotism.
   I've said this stuff before, but: when I was a kid, there were lots of old dudes who said things like: the left wants to invert the old hierarchy and make it permissible/obligatory to discriminate against whites and men...they hate America...their ideals have more in common with those of the USSR than the USA... I thought it all absurdly false at the time. And for decades. Until now. Maybe most predictions come true if you wait around long enough. Or maybe I've flipped my lid. But the objective evidence of this seems to be on parade every day...it's not like they're keeping it secret or anything... And it can be said in my favor that, so long as the left was even vaguely centrist, I judged those assertions to be false. And my judgment that they've become true coincides with objective evidence of the left's radicalization and rejection of fundamental principles of American liberalism. Of course I'm not in the best position to make judgments about the truth of my own judgments. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home