Thursday, April 23, 2020

Snapshot Of The Progressive Left: "I Teach At Oxford, But Don't Want It To Win The Coronavirus Vaccine Race"

Possibly the most progressive post of all time:
   The race is on and researchers at Oxford are doing vital, life-saving work. But races have winners and losers. If my university is the first to develop the vaccine, I’m worried that it will be used as it has been in the past, to fulfil its political, patriotic function as proof of British excellence.
   The story will be clear: China, once again, has unleashed a threat to civilisation. But the best brains of the UK have saved the world.
   Whilst I’m hopeful that I will be able to visit my Dad soon, this must not overshadow the key lesson of coronavirus: international cooperation saves lives. The research community knows this. Let’s hope our politicians do too.
"I'm worried that it will be used...to fulfill its political, patriotic function as proof of British excellence."
That makes exactly no sense. What's the "it" here? Being the first to develop the vaccine? That has no function you complete dumbass.
And: if the Brits are the first to make a vaccine, that would be proof of British excellence, anyway. So what she's really saying is: I hope we're less excellent that we might be.
Well, in the sense of they.
Because she's not a medical researcher. She apparently "researches" "vulnerability" and "gender"... As if that were actual research. She's a bullshitter. She teaches nothing real nor difficult. She shouldn't be speaking of herself and medical researchers in the same breath.
Also, a quick Google search seems to indicate that she teaches at Oxford Brookes university, not Oxford.
At any rate, here's her point, more-or-less: I'd rather the development of a vaccine be delayed than that a British team should develop it. Because the would make the Brits seems excellent. And that could make some people feel patriotic. And, as a good progressive, I hate Western culture, and my own nation most of all.
The left has lost its goddamned mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home