Sunday, February 09, 2020

WaPo: "No, Pete Buttigieg and Joe Biden Are Not 'Centrists'"

Weird...
I'm so used to the Post working some pro-progressive/Democrat angle that, at first, I thought they were arguing something like Hey, progressivism is good and these guys are progressive so stop saying they aren't! I was so puzzled I had to read it twice. In the end, I think they're just making an honest observation: for better or worse, PB and JB aren't centrists--they're both left of Obama. And the others are left of them. It's possible that they're laying the groundwork for a Biden-or-Buttigieg endorsement that will, rhetorically speaking, require them to argue that PB and JB are progressive. But, hard as it is to believe, they also may simply be making an honest and reasonable observation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home