Monday, January 20, 2020

For The Record: I'm Not Inveterately Opposed To Seriously Considering Additional Firearm Restrictions

I've gone back and forth on more stringent background checks, some kind of sane-but-greater restrictions on something like "assault weapons" (Though we'd need to figure out a sensible characterization of the category)...hell, I even recently expressed a willingness to hear more about "red flag" laws.
   But after this latest madness by Northam and the VA Dems, that's over. For now, I mean. When the Dems' fever breaks--as I still hope it will and expect it to at some point (though not soon)--then we can go back to the table and think about additional restrictions. This madness, however, has probably permanently increased the burden of proof I'll expect them to bear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home