Sunday, December 15, 2019

NYT: Impeach

This is, of course, entirely predictable. It's also one-sided and at least somewhat dishonest. In short: it's the Times. But none of those things mean its conclusion is wrong. 
   I don't have a settled opinion on this. I somewhat lean toward impeachment, even though the case seems insufficiently strong--let the Senate sort it out. It's going to be nearly impossible for them to be objective given the clown show the Dems put on in the House Judiciary Committee. In fact, I don't expect that they will be. In fact, some of them has said as much. But we can cross that bridge when we come to it.
   If this does go to the Senate, I guess we'll all have to get more serious about articulating and evaluating the arguments. It's hard for me to be objective since I worry that, the more this goes against Trump, the more emboldened Democratic activists and the Democratic base will feel to nominate somebody further to the left. Though I actually don't care all that much who they nominate: the current problem, IMO, pervades the party and the left. A Democratic victory would have a lot of bad consequences pretty much regardless of the frontman. I'm not even sure those concerns are irrelevant, especially if Trump's actions are short of an actual crime. But I dunno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home