Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Things Probably Aren't As Bad As They Seem

American politics in my lifetime has repeatedly produced events that I thought were utterly beyond the pale. I lost my mind during the recount debacle of 2000. I lost it again during the dishonest lead-up to the Iraq war. I mini-lost it when McCain picked Palin and briefly went ahead in the polls. I lost it over Trump and the general election of 2016. And, of course, over the last four or five years when PC rose from the dead to rampage across the land. Oh and: after the first Democratic debate, when it became clear that they're pretty much all loony lefties...or pretending to be for the primaries.
   So maybe...just maybe...the lesson here is that we're more resilient than I give us credit for. These things, too, shall pass. We will survive...yadda yadda yadda…
   Trump probably won't be the end of us. The next Democrat probably won't be the end of us. We'll keep on keepin' on for at least awhile. Trump repulses me, and the left horrifies me...but so what? WTF do I know?
Not much is what.
Take it from me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home