Saturday, July 27, 2019

SCOTUS: Trump Can Use Pentagon Funds For Border Wall

I don't understand the issues--few people do, undoubtedly. Prima facie, it sounded unlikely to me that it could be permissible. But I'm happy about the upshot; fencing has become even more important than it was a few years ago. The best way to put the brakes on this disaster is to make it more difficult to cross the border illegally at all. It's difficult to deport people once their here, and progressives have made it clear that they want to make it even harder. Future Dem presidents might slack off on enforcement, but it would take major political capital to actually tear down expensive, effective fencing.
Incidentally, I'm always distressed to see the Supremes divided along political lines. Which means I'm often distressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home