Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Trump's Tax Returns

My untutored view: seems reasonable to ask candidates to make them public. Maybe there even oughtta be a law. I don't know enough and haven't thought enough about it to say with much confidence. But, prima facie, I'd rather see them than not if I'm thinking of voting for you for president.
   But: were I Trump, I absolutely wouldn't reveal mine if I could avoid it. The Dems have proven that they can't be trusted to be reasonable. They're in total freakout mode, and are guaranteed to flip out about anything it's even vaguely possible to freak out about.
   I don't know how much I blame the Dems. Trump could make the pope cuss. Still...plopped into his place right now, I wouldn't give them any more information about myself than I had to.
   There's a Kafkaesque idea, though...you wake up tomorrow as Donald J. Trump... You try to be reasonable, but find yourself irresistibly driven to e.g. communicate almost exclusively in misspeled anD randDOmly Capitolized TWetz MAGA!
The giant cockroach thing doesn't sound quite so bad anymore, does it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the funnier things I found recently was when I was working on a machine learning transcription product. We had a video of our CEO giving a presentation and ran it through the transcription model. The output was shockingly similar to a Trump monologue, with the weird stammering and circle-talking. What's really odd about Trump is he tweets exactly how he talks, and for whatever reason he never understood capitalization... But his speech patterns are not actually as unusual as it seems once you realize he basically gives all his statements off the cuff. Which is also weird for a president, so...

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home