Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Alabama Abortion Bill Is Very Bad...Right?

I'm torn on abortion, and mostly try to avert my mental gaze from it. Thus I'm drawn mostly to some incoherent mashup of (i) wishy-washy centrism and (ii) a libertarian hands-off-people's-bodies position.
   Honestly, the heartbeat bills haven't seemed overtly unreasonable to me, though I don't support them.
   This Alabama bill, however looks like very bad news...at least from my incoherent, half-assed position on the matter. I have little confidence in Roe, but I want there to be a Constitutional right to privacy. But I'm in no way convinced there is one.
   I'd almost forgotten: there's an extreme right out there, too...
   I'm going to stop thinking about this again now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home