Thursday, March 07, 2019

Ronald Brownstein: "Trump Settles On His Reelection Message"

I always liked the Atlantic. Until recently, anyway. I still try to go there and read around even though I find its sensibilities and its politics off-putting now. But what I mostly end up reading is stuff like this. Which actually ends up putting me off more. It doesn't make me like Trump any more; rather, it makes me like his critics less. I don't go there in order to fuel my outrage, nor to confirm my relatively-new-found dislike of the progressive consensus. But that's usually what ends up happening. I might be better off just not even trying to understand where the other side is coming from these days. Which is weird, and against my natural instincts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home