Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Cohen: No Evidence Of Russian Collusion--But Trump's a Jackass And A Crook

The Post buries the lede, which is:
Cohen plans to testify that he doesn’t have any direct knowledge of Trump’s campaign coordinating with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election. 
   That's all there is: one sentence, followed immediately by a 'but' and some weak, entirely unconvincing speculation to the contrary. But the above is the bottom line.
   The rest of what Cohen plans to say is all perfectly plausible, IMO: he's a crook and a terrible person. Not that I particularly think Cohen ought to be believed...but none of what he alleges seems out of keeping with what we know about Trump.
   Anyway, I'm not seeing anything there that is inconsistent with my position on Trump: shouldn't be allowed within a lightyear of the Oval Office--but didn't collude with the Russians.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete Mack said...

Um. 'He didn't collude with the Russians but he still needs to be impeached' seems a bit like nitpicking. And I don't know why Cohen would have first-hand evidence anyway. He wasn't part of the campaign team, just Trump's personal lawyer/bagman.

* I assume this is what you mean by 'shouldn't be allowed within a lightyear of the Oval Office'

7:48 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

No, it's not nitpicking in any way, shape, or form.

As for whether he needs to be impeached: I don't have much of an opinion on it...but my layperson's opinion is: there's an awful lot of shit that's gone down that sounds an awful lot like the sorts of things that ought to be impeachable.

Thing is, I've recently realized how little I actually understand about this stuff.

The left: Trump OBVIOUSLY colluded with the Russians!!!
Me: Uh, ok...let's have an investigation...it isn't that obvious to me.
The left: THERE IS NO OTHER POSSIBLE EXPLANATION!!!111

[Investigation occurs; probably no collusion will be found.]

The left: NOT RELEVANT / NITPICKING!!!111 HE OBVIOUSLY MUST BE IMPEACHED!!!111
Me: Ok, plausible, but not obvious to me. Let's see what the Dems can come up with, and what they do.

[Dems thus far seem to be saying: no impeachment on the horizon]

So...now what?

I'm still attracted to my view:
I don't know about all that...but the dude has no business being within a lightyear of the Oval Office.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home