Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Byron York: "In Border Talks, A New Fight For Barrier Deniers"

My general impression is that more fencing would be good, but mostly (a) I just want us to use the most effective means to fight the problem, and (b) I want people to stop using arguments that entail or presuppose that border barriers are immoral. That's absurd. If borders and immigration laws are permissible, then it's permissible, other things being equal, to use barriers to help enforce them.
   Anyway, at first I wasn't too impressed with Drum's arguments here...but then I started having second thoughts about that... But this by Byron York is a pretty solid response even if it wasn't written as one.
   I don't share Trump's wall fetish--I just want the problem mitigated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home