Monday, December 17, 2018

Everything's A Dogwhistle: 'Sovereignty' Is A Dogwhistle

But of course!
The hermeneutics of suspicion compels you! The hermeneutics of suspicion compels you!
There must be hidden messages in all un-PC speech! All you gotta do is "find" 'em...
And, of course, given the death of the author...any interpretation you might impose on a "text" is as good as any other...
I didn't even realize that I was whistling for dogs...or Klansmen...or whatever...when I fret about U.S. sovereignty! This new learning amazes me...
So here's how the conversations go, I reckon, basically:

Progressives: [Scream a bunch of things that all seem to indicate that enforcing the border is evil]
Others: You seem to be covertly arguing for open borders; wouldn't that undermine our sovereignty?
Progressives: REEEEEEEEEEEE RACISM DOGWHISTLE WHITE SUPREMACY REEEEEE

Jeez, I can't believe I used to read ThinkProgress unironically. Just goes to show ya, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home