Monday, October 08, 2018

PHILOS-L(eft)

There's no doubt in my mind that some of this has to do with me. I was oblivious to the left lean of philosophy and the academy generally for so long, that, having finally recognized it, it stands out like a sore thumb. And I'm writing at a particularly left-leaning time. But, man, PHILOS-L, the main listserv for conference announcements in philosophy, is just lousy with the stuff. The most eyerollerific offering this morning is a conference on "limits to wealth." I mean, of course, basically everything is fair game in philosophy...and there are some interesting questions in that vicinity...and theoretically one might approach such a topic neutrally. But...I guarantee you that's not what's happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home