Monday, July 16, 2018

Vox: Trump Only Won The 2016 Election Because Of, Y'Know, The Rules

God Vox is a train wreck.
Ezra: you are better than this.
Trump says Dems have an advantage in the EC...but he won because of the EC...so...so...SO...YOU SEE WHAT I'M SAYING??????
   It seems to not have occurred to the geniuses at Vox that x can give Smith an advantage, and yet Smith can lose because of x... MIND. BUH-LOWWWWN.
   I'm currently generally in favor of the electoral college...though I haven't always been...and despite its having given us both (God help us) Dubya and (God help us) Trump. If this seems impossible to you, you may be a writer for Vox. But who the hell cares what I think about it? Even I don't really. I haven't really thought about it hard enough to deserve an opinion.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Mystic said...

I was in favor of the electoral college when I read about its purpose in the Federalist Papers. In fact, I was downright excited to know about this cool, little-understood part of our republic!

But then I found out it's been legislatively reduced to mere formality.

And then I found out that it can no longer serve the purpose for which it was established.

'cause we have trump.

..

I am interested, however, in what value you see in its existence at this point.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home